I was kind of at a loss for what to post this week since it’s so close to Christmas and all and then Tyler said, why not talk about all the fun things you can do around Christmas? I think that’s a fun idea because sometimes we can blank on how to spend our time around the holidays without consuming a ton of tv shows or movies! So, cue some fun holiday activities you can do by yourself or with loved ones!
- Ice Skating
- Bake cookies and yummy treats!
- Decorate a Christmas tree! (I love this part! Take your time and enjoy it!)
- Test some holiday cocktail recipes (if you’re old enough)
- Give back (I do the Angel Tree!)
- Holiday Movies (the cheesier the better)
- Play board games (easy to entertain multiple people)
- Conjure up some New Year’s Resolutions!
- Cook a nice meal while rocking out to Christmas music!
- Do some festive crafts! Pinterest rocks at this
- Decorate Gingerbread houses
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights
- Candy Cane scavenger hunt
- Write a letter to Santa
- Send someone a nice note/letter!
- Read a good book! Nothing better than relaxing with a cook book with the Christmas tree in your peripheral vision 😉
- Host an ugly sweater party! or any holiday party
- Drink hot cocoa! (and test different recipes)
- Make a gratitude list! (humble yourself before all the gifts!)
- Holiday candle smelling and shopping!
- Build a snowman/snowball fight/fort
- Make some ornaments! Great memories to hang on the tree in future years!
- Holiday themed word search/crossword!
I probably could have done more but I feel like sometimes they get repetitive or even super silly like “celebrate Christmas” which to me doesn’t need a number! So, I hope these spark some fun activities for you and your family! I sincerely wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Enjoy your time with loved ones and be grateful for the many blessings you have! I am grateful for each and every one of you!
Ho Ho Ho,