When you’re reading this, it’ll be my birthday! Honestly, I’ve always loved birthdays because it always feels nice to feel special! Seriously, who doesn’t love that? But anyway, I have actually been reflecting on all of the things I’ve learned throughout the years. I thought it would be fun to do a blog post on all of those lessons I have learned to help someone else! OR if you’re older than 22 and you read this you might think, “Oh my gosh I remember learning that when this happened” or something funny like that! So here goes my 22 life lessons I learned in 22 years!
- My parents are my biggest supporters. Even when it doesn’t feel like it.
- Your siblings are your built-in best friends. Cherish it.
- I’m capable of way more than I give myself credit for.
- Your real friends will support you even if they aren’t succeeding too.
- It doesn’t matter what other people think, do what makes you happy.
- Doing things that scare you usually make the best opportunities and stories.
- Some people aren’t looking out for your best interest and it’s okay to cut ties with them.
- People are truly more concerned with themselves than they are with you, what you’re wearing, and what you’re doing.
- It’s okay to fail. and fail again. and again.
- Staying in a relationship that you think will “get better”, won’t get better.
- Being “too comfortable” is a thing. Get out of that comfort zone and grow.
- Tell people you love and care about them. Often.
- A compliment goes a looooooong way.
- It’s okay to ask for help. (mental health affects so many of us. It’s nothing to be ashamed about)
- Save your money. Don’t buy everything you think you “need”.
- Don’t say you don’t like something if you’ve never tried it.
- A girl or guy’s approval DOES NOT validate your worth. You do.
- Try all the workout classes. Even if you look silly.
- You don’t always have to have everything figured out.
- Say yes. but also say no. Give yourself opportunities BUT don’t overwhelm yourself.
- Wait for the guy who cares, doesn’t play games, and is never afraid to show you how much he loves you.
- Love yourself. Fully. Despite the flaws you seem to focus on.
I hope you liked this fun post! I’m enjoying the day with friends and family and ending it with Hocus Pocus!